AFRICAN STORY; PATIENCE


   All these came to a halt when she they went for his friend’s wedding in Abuja Mr. Otumba Anayo was a very close friend and he had stayed with Obinna since they met in FEDERAL GOVEMENT COLLEGE, OWERRI. They have been bosom friend s and helped each other succeed in their business. Nnenna was very familiar with him. He always told her stories about their experiences in school. He often told her how happy he was to have her in the family. When they got to Abuja for the wedding they booked a room in the hotel and made themselves comfortable. Nnenna had just fed Onyiye when Nnenna heard a knock on the door, without waiting for her to answer the door opened to reveal Otumba .she turned and greeted him.

“Ah. Otumba!. How are you?” she asked then gestured to the bed “see Oyinye oh! You promised me that you were going to see him since”.

“Ahah! You know that I have been busy and this my wedding has taken so much time that’s why I sent you the gifts na!' he said jokingly as he came towards the bed. He bent and tickled Oyinye's tummy, the baby giggled he rolled over to his tummy and looked at Otumba, then he coooed and suckled on his thumb.

“Where is your Obim?” he asked turning towards Nneena.

“He went out to get food for me and Onyiye”. She replied “what is wrong? I can tell him when he comes back”

  Otumba looked at her for a moment. He could have easily told her but it wasn’t his place and he was about to have a wife too, but instead he said.

 “Don’t worry! hmm! I will tell him when I see him tonight. Let me go and see my fiancĂ© before I go to my own room” he stood up. “Take care oh” he tickled Onyiye again. Then he turned to her and hugged her. “You have done well, you have made us proud my dear” he was talking and facing away from the door so he didn’t see Obinna silently come inside and that was how he saw them. A hug was all it was but Obinna didn’t see it as that.

*****

  Obinna had tasted the sourness of anger and experienced the red haze that often blurred one's vision. But what he felt now as he saw the scene in front of him was unexplainable. He felt weak, angry, self-pity and some more. He didn’t acknowledge Otumba's presence with anything more than a slight nod.

  His friend moved towards him “I came looking for you. I came to inform you that everything is set”. Obinna for the first time felt like strangling him.

“Really?“ Obinna raised a brow indicating disbelief. “Well if that’s all you can leave”. He inclined his head. When the door was closed. He turned towards his wife. “What did you think you were doing eh?” He said as he advanced towards her. The urge to raise his fist and strike her was so strong but he quelled it. He saw her frightened and confused look and it just broke his heart once more

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

African Story ; Patience Nididi

ARISE FASHION WEEK 2018 BY ANDRELLA'S BLOG