#UnionBank100Bellanaija 100 Ways To Find Love_ On A Holiday

This was my story for the just concluded #UnionBank100Bellanaija writing competition
#Day 7
100 ways to find love on a holiday

   I woke up with a start, slowly I registered my surroundings and relaxed snugly into the bed, I deserved this holiday, it was long overdue and I was happy my boss decided to let me go a vacation to Paris the city of love what I needed but it was sad because I was single so what I planned for the trip of 5 days was going to be fun at least for me. I had room service and after my shower I dug in on my food while reading the morning paper. I wondered how work would be without me but right now with the toasts and waffles I didn’t care less. What I wanted on this trip was to be work free and enjoy the little time I had.
I sat on one of those chair that never sit quite well on the pavement and watched the people go about their business, since it was the season of love the splash of red was overwhelming, and it always brought back the fact that I was single, in Paris, in the season of love. It was depressing but I wasn’t going to let it get to me. So I ordered a tuna sandwich with a glass of milk and munched on it. When I was done I crossed the bridge to l’artisan parfumur and got one for myself…

He was the boss for pete’s sake why couldn’t he just walk up to her room and ask politely or even better send a note to her room he was just opposite her but she never noticed.  He rang for room service and waited, tonight he would pen her a note. It was valentine’s eve after all…
  I wasn’t up for the night I had just ordered room service and was about to do the same ritual. Eat and sleep. But the knock stopped my actions. I wasn’t prepared at all for what the night had in store for me… what I had that night was the best experience of love. I got to find out that my Boss, Jeffrey who was often crappy and moody to me at the office was the same person that planned the vacation for both of us. He wanted it to be a start of something better. That night I had a nice dinner with Jeffery after which we went to see a musical. It was the best surprise valentine where I found love. 

PS: I made this story jut after my CBT exams that morning, feel free to share... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

African Story ; Patience Nididi

ARISE FASHION WEEK 2018 BY ANDRELLA'S BLOG