#UnionBank100Bellanaija 100 Ways to Find Love_ When Not Looking For Love



#Day 9
 #unionbank100Bellanaija
100 ways to find love When Not Looking for Love
 
 Thanksgiving! Another year was here, I was expected to celebrate with my family at the village house in Anambra state, and the truth was that my mom had been planning this event like an excited bride, to me the fuss was unnecessary. I mentally rolled my eyes and walked to the ticket booth I had taken a leave from work to travel to my hometown and I was doing it with my usual transport company God is Good motors at the Port Harcourt terminal. I just wanted to get the season over with and get back to working I had so many meetings to conclude and an update to make on my fashion line. I mumbled as the bus began transit, not that I didn’t love my family, I just wanted to go back to my comfort zone. I quickly relaxed in my seat and began flipping through my files maybe I could finish some paperwork before I got to Delta. The guy that sat beside me was trying to settle himself in his seat, I just stole a glance and wondered why he was even using a bus to travel he was huge for his size but from the way he moved it seemed he could manage himself. I wasn’t interested in whatever he did I just didn’t want to be disturbed. Two minutes into my work I felt a hard poke on my ribs. I almost imploded when I heard his apology, the almost whispered “I am sorry” in the near quiet bus calmed me. I wasn’t interested in talking to anyone I just wanted to be done with the journey and head back home. I mumbled my acknowledgement and dived into my work again. For the next one hour into my journey, the guy beside me was hinting on making small talk but I just replied with a mumble or two… I knew I looked grumpy and detached but I dint care less the next few hours passed like a blur till we got to Asaba then I drifted off because when I woke up we were crossing the River Niger Bridge. When we got to the terminal in Anambra state, I was so happy I was going to be free from the guy beside me, I was about to walk away with my hand luggage when I got a tap on my shoulder. I cursed lightly because I knew who tapped me, the few hours we stayed on the bus I had gotten used to his touch. I slowly turned and raised my brows. He inquired where I was headed and it came down to the fact that he wanted to get a ride to the market near the barracks so he would get home. Luckily I was taking that route so I led him to the cab and we got in. He introduced himself as Effang and we talked at length and exchanged numbers. When I got home that day I was welcomed warmly by my family, my cousins were also present. We had a full house as usual. 
  After Sunday service at the church the next day, we began the thanksgiving, the celebration was low key yet sleek, my mom was smiling as she greeted everyone that arrived. I had a smiling face but what I really wanted was to go back to Port Harcourt and get loose ends tied up. I stealthy walked outside and was about to make a phone call when I heard the same deep voice from yesterday.

“Hello again”. I mentally rolled my eyes and smiled. It was Effang. I had so many questions and scare answers. I shook my head hoping to clear my thoughts. I knew he wasn’t going to go away so I decided to enjoy his company. We talked at length and I also got to find out that he was going back to Port Harcourt on Monday. Since he said he was visiting his uncle I invited him to join the family celebration. It was by 6:45pm I decided to see him out. The next day we took a joint ride to the terminal and boarded the same bus back to Port Harcourt. A week after we got back, we met up again but on a date in Hotel presidential where he officially asked me out , from then our love story began, we went to the movies a couple of times, had take-out and even participated in the Port Harcourt carnival that season.  I wasn’t looking to fall in love with anyone on thanksgiving but Effang was persistent and I found love nevertheless…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

African Story ; Patience Nididi

ARISE FASHION WEEK 2018 BY ANDRELLA'S BLOG